On Sunday, I slept in and missed the whole show, but Mommy woke up to cheer for Daddy. She took this picture as he ran by really fast:
We played on the blanket again while waiting for Daddy to come back. Lots of blanket time was necessary, because I got very squirrely and wasn't allowed on the hotel room floor. I'm a little apprehensive about grass, so Mommy knew I wouldn't crawl away if she fell asleep. (We'd had a very tough night in the hotel room.)
Sunday afternoon, after a brief family nap, we checked out the beach at Pheiffer State Park. It was windy and lots of fun. Daddy could barely move.
We ate in many restaurants, all with those great high chairs, and I got to sample bread, rice, and french fries. On Monday, we did the 17-mile drive around Carmel, passing some fancy golf courses, many trees, and lots of sea lions. It smelled funny and was totally amazing. I might want to be a marine biologist when I grow up. Either that or a golfer.
I just don't see why Mom and Dad are so exhausted, with all that nap time in the car. Family vacation is great! Our big road trips this summer will be even more fun with Rusty along. I can't wait!
No comments:
Post a Comment